Job Description: Performance Consultant (2 Openings)
1 Charlotte Opening, 1 Raleigh Opening
Are you interested in starting a career in the exciting field of energy efficiency and green construction? Are you the kind of person who believes technology and innovative practices can make our buildings better without sacrificing comfort? Would you like to play a role in securing our nation’s energy future, cutting greenhouse gas emissions, and promoting sustainable practices in an industry hurting for change?
If you have an eye for detail there is no better way to gain a working understanding of how homes are built and the roles each trade plays in the comfort, durability, safety, and efficiency of a house than by becoming a Performance Consultant with Performance Point. We are quickly growing and are looking for like-minded hard-working individuals to join our team and help make a difference!
About Performance Point
Performance Point is a full-service building performance contractor. We help our customers design and build homes that work better and provide the turn-key services to make it a reality. Our service doesn’t stop there, we also follow up with inspections throughout construction to ensure project goals are being implemented. We focus on new construction for single and multifamily projects. Our single-family footprint extends from Charlotte to the Coast and we have multifamily projects across the US!
- Conduct Code Compliance Testing, HERS Ratings, ENERGY STAR assessments, Air Sealing, and Air Infiltration Testing for residential new construction.
- Prepare reports for clients and consult with builders about issues identified
- Review and prepare forms for submission as part of the certification process
- Effectively communicate with management and the team on scheduling issues or field related concerns/ideas
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment to ensure cleanliness and properly working order
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science/related field or Strong interest in Green Building and Sustainability
- Excellent communication skills – (written and oral)
- Basic understanding of building science and construction terminology
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well independently and as a team
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Plus Skills (Not Required):
- Building Science/Construction background
- RESNET Certified HERS Rater
- NGBS Verifier
- BPI Certified
- Certified LEED AP
**Please contact Susie Redfearn at SusieR@ThePerformancePoint.com to learn more.