Built to a higher standard.
Assured Performance turns energy code up a notch by adding Blower Door verification and HERS sampling. Assured Performance is designed around the savvy home builder who wants credit for high performance energy efficiency measures without the red tape that comes with some other building programs.
Your home will be one of the largest investments you’ll ever make. Many parts of the home buying process are unknown, the performance of your new home should not be one of unknowns. Your builder trusts Assured Performance to help deliver efficiency, comfort, and indoor air quality because:
- Independent – Assured Performance requires independent inspections and testing done in conformance with the RESNET Home Energy Rating System (HERS) guidelines including highly trained HERS inspectors.
For more information on HERS and RESNET please visit www.resnet.us.com
- High standards – Assured Performance standards go beyond building code in many ways but still represent value to the consumer.
- Training and accountability – Assured Performance requires proper training of builders and subcontractors involved in home building to execute program goals.
- Support – Assured Performance provides after sale technical support to builders when problems arise with certified homes.
Your decision to consider buying a new Assured Performance home instead of a previously owned home is smart for many reasons. Some of the advantages of an Assured Performance home include:
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
Assured Performance homes have passed inspections and testing during multiple phases of construction to ensure proper thermal enclosure detailing. Assured Performance requires Low E windows, efficient heating and cooling equipment, tight building envelope, and tight duct work.
A properly detailed thermal envelope and tight duct work are capable of providing greater comfort than drafty homes that poorly deliver conditioned air to living spaces.
Safety and Durability
The EPA has found that indoor pollution levels can be as much as 5 times greater than outdoor levels. Whole-house ventilation systems help reduce lower indoor air pollutant levels.
One of your home’s biggest enemies is moisture. In addition to whole-house ventilation, Assured Performance requires builders to agree to specific moisture management construction details.
Every Assured Performance home includes:
- Effective Envelope
- Efficient Lighting
- Efficient Appliances
- Efficient Heating and cooling
- Third Party Verification
Benefits of an Assured Performance home:
- More Comfortable
- Fewer Bugs & Pests
- Better IAQ
- Lower Ownership Cost
- Better Investment
- More Responsible